RE: Space Manager vs. Live ReOrg vs TS ReOrg

From: The Oracle DBA <theoracledba_at_lycos.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:26:32 -0700

I agree with Kevin. I always use hand-made scripts. There is a risk with any 3rd party tool. There are version issues, patches, OS issues, etc. Scripts, on the other hand, can be customized to do the exact amount of work at the exact time you want it done.

Cheers,

Earl

---

TheOracleDBA
theoracledba_at_lycos.com

Get 250 color business cards for FREE! http://businesscards.lycos.com/vp/fastpath/ -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: The Oracle DBA INET: theoracledba_at_lycos.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).