RE: NT Script

From: Paul Drake <drake_at_psscorp.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:12:38 -0700

Kevin.

"Stick to what you are good at."

Are you good in working with sqlplus?
Leverage that skill into making your export .par file dynamic.

Call an sqlplus script that produces (spools) either the export.bat (and include the file=<path> in the command line) or the export.par file.

In this manner, you won't have to know every trick in the nt scripting world - and better yet - its a more cross-platform compatible methodology - for when you have to support Oracle on more than 1 OS.

You could even execute the rename command via a HOST command in a sqlplus script.
So you could simply export the database to the same filename each time, but rename it afterwards.
Or you could compress the dump file(s) to a filename including the date.

Let me know if you need direct examples - but I can't get to it today.

Paul

Author: Kevin Kostyszyn
  INET: kevin_at_dulcian.com

Author: Paul Drake
  INET: drake_at_psscorp.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jun 18 2001 - 13:12:38 CDT