Re: Oracle Database setup document

From: Rodd Holman <rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:42:32 -0700

Joe's got the right idea. I do this regularly. By letting dbassist write the base scripts I don't have to worry about my fat fingers typing the wrong stuff for the auto-generated parts. Then customize as necessary for your needs. Works great.
Rodd

Original Message dated 6/18/01, 1:26:09 PM Author: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com> Re: Re: Oracle Database setup document:

assuming one of the newer versions, you can always use dbassist, at the end have it save the scripts instead of creating database., tweak to your heart's contents and run them.

joe

>>> jd_coleman_ora1_at_hotmail.com 06/18/01 01:16PM >>>
Dear All,

I will be shortly setting up 2 new Oracle Databases for my company, for the
development system, before we hopefully go into production in 3 months time.

What I would like to do is document the proposed setup off these databases
before I start doing the actual work.

Therefore, is there anywhere where a standard Oracle Database setup document
exists, with all off the relevant parameters and set-up considerations documented as part of this document, that I can use as a basis for my document?

Or do you guys, just go and set-up your databases, by modifying your last create database scripts?

If anyone can help me, it would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Justin

Author: Justin Coleman
  INET: jd_coleman_ora1_at_hotmail.com