RE: Oracle 8i installation problem

From: Pankaj Kumar <pankaj_70_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 07:20:13 -0700

David,

As I had mentioned, the dbassist utility fails in the 3rd step at 82%. At this point, it gives the error "Oracle not Available" and the only option that I had was to Ignore & Abort. I clicked on Ignore for a longtime.

Later I found from the web that the semmsl & semmns values were too less and increased to 160 & 310 respectively. I rebooted and restarted the dbassist utility and it went thru all the 4 steps successfully.

Assuming now I can work on the DB, I tried starting the Database with svrmgrl

SVRMGRL> CONNECT INTERNAL SVRMGRL> startup pfile =
"export/home/oracle/admin/FRAME/initFRAME.ora".

The error that I got is
ORA-07217:sltln - Environment Variable cannot be evaluated.

I dont know what this error means or where to look for the error.

Thanks,
gopi

P.S : Is there a way I can copy the solaris files onto a DOS floppy. I work in the US.

Do You Yahoo!?
Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and more. http://buzz.yahoo.com/
Author: Pankaj Kumar
  INET: pankaj_70_at_yahoo.com