RE: OT: Perl question

From: Nguyen, Long (ITS, Limestone Ave) <Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 00:38:20 -0700

Hi Jared,

Thank you for your advice. Without setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH before the installation I got the message

        ld.so.1: perl: fatal: libgdbm.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory

during the Configure step. So I tried the installation again and this time not setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH but also ran a truss. I found out that the script tried to open

/usr/lib/libdgbm.so.2 (which did not exist), not
/usr/local/lib/libgdbm.so.2 (which did exist). So I created a symbolic link from
/usr/lib to /usr/local/lib and tried the Configure run again. It worked fine.

Thanks
Long

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com