RE: SYS vs SYSTEM

From: Christopher Spence <cspence_at_FuelSpot.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 05:20:11 -0700

One thing I noticed is SYSTEM can do about 95% of the things SYS can do. There isn't a whole lot you cannot do with SYSTEM. But there is some. Using another account is sound advice as your less likely to own important objects, and less likely to drop them as you would never prepend SYS. in a drop statement unless you absolutely wanted to. I have seen dictionary objects dropped many times from someone running DROPOBJ.SQL or something similar under SYS/SYSTEM.

"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen."

Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Fuelspot