CKPTs are not happening with FAST_START_IO_TARGET

From: Srinagesh Battula <sbattula_at_vcommerce.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:34:04 -0700

RDBMS:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

OS:
SunOS e6500a 5.6 Generic_105181-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

The init params are set as follows:
..
db_block_size=8192
db_block_buffers=20000
fast_Start_io_target=5000

log_checkpoints_to_alert = TRUE
log_checkpoint_timeout = 2147483647
log_checkpoint_interval = 999999999

We have 4 Redo log groups with 200M each.

We have a requirement that the instance recovery must be done within 60 secs. So, we are trying to use the fast_Start_io_target param. The issue here is, we don't see any checkpoints being done (as seen in the alert logs as well as v$sysstat). THe only checkpoints that we see are the ones that happen during a log switch or if you issue "alter system checkpoint".

Any ideas on why  the checkpoints are not being performed.

Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Jun 14 2001 - 17:34:04 CDT