ADMIN: Please vote (was: RE: OT SPAM : Become an Oracle

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:51:12 -0700

vote for
close>>> bbergman_at_BridgeMedical.com 6/14/01 3:25:48 PM
>>>I too got it, so I'm presuming they harvested this list.
I'll take a lookinto the logs when I return from this business trip I'm on.  I appreciateall the confirming responses.  Should I find that they harvested the list,they will be removed and banned from all lists here (this is policy).However, it's becoming apparent that more spammers find this list useful andharvest from it.  I have the ability to hide the subscriber list fromeveryone.  I don't typically do this because there are legitimate reasons toallow people to view the subscriber list.  In cases of abuse, it's a common(and effective) way to mitigate the problem.  If I hide it, no one will beable to directly harvest addresses.I'll take a short vote.  Please respond to me privately (here at thisaddress) if you would prefer to have the subscriber list kept open toanyone, or closed to everyone. I'll close the voting on the 19th.  Remember!Don't reply to the list!! :-)Note that this doesn't affect your ability to join or leave the list; itonly affects your ability to do a WHO on the list.thanks,bruceListMaster, Fat City Network Services-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com-- Author: Bruce Bergman  INET: bbergman_at_BridgeMedical.comFat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing

REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 14 2001 - 13:51:12 CDT