RE: Precise Insight/SQL/Pulse

From: Christopher Spence <cspence_at_FuelSpot.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:36:02 -0700

Here is my assesment.

Pulse is very weak in terms of dba monitoring. They rebound this with the ability to add up to 20 custom packages. I think I/Watch is a MUCH better product for this. With them (Precise) buying Savant I suspect Q Diagnostics (Great package minus notification) and Pulse with be joined into a single more marketable product.

Precise SQL is a great product and more mature than SQL Lab Vision Expert. But with the new version of Expert (As of Oct 2000) it does what Precise SQL does. Both are great products, I tend to like SQL Lab better as it has the tuning expert included, which Precise SQL has really weak one. I also like the grouping and quering better on SQL statements in SQL Lab vision. Precise SQL does have a better repository for old statements to do trend analysis on. Both products are great, and both companies have a strong ear from Oracle directly in terms of support or and backing. In short, I think SQL Lab Vision is a more fuller product.

I have never played with Precise Insight or SQL Impact. I heard these are good products, but I have nothing to offer on them.

"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen."

Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Fuelspot

Author: Connie Milliken
  INET: cemail_at_sprintmail.com

Author: Christopher Spence
  INET: cspence_at_FuelSpot.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 14 2001 - 12:36:02 CDT