RE: DB shutdown - NT

From: Solomon, Saul M. <ssolomon_at_ppg.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:30:15 -0700

Paul,

But where is this patchset. It's not on Metalink or the ftp sites.

Saul Solomon
PPG Industries
ssolomon_at_ppg.com

  Data:            TRUE

Value 4
  Name:            ORA_DEV_PFILE
  Type:            REG_EXPAND_SZ
  Data:            D:\Oracle\admin\DEV\pfile\initDEV.ora

Value 5
  Name:            ORA_DEV_SHUTDOWN
  Type:            REG_EXPAND_SZ
  Data:            TRUE

Value 6
  Name:            ORA_DEV_SHUTDOWN_TIMEOUT
  Type:            REG_EXPAND_SZ
  Data:            180                                  << 30 seconds is not sufficient

Value 7
  Name:            ORA_DEV_SHUTDOWNTYPE
  Type:            REG_EXPAND_SZ
  Data:            i

Please patch 8.1.7.0.0 to at least 8.1.7.0.2, I've been using 8.1.7.1.2 for 6 weeks.

Paul

Author: Paul Drake
  INET: paled_at_home.com

Author: Solomon, Saul M.