RE: DB shutdown - NT

From: IT - Database (Do Not Use) <dbamail_at_police.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:18:05 -0700

Sean,

It is really hit and miss with Oracle on NT. I have all servers set up the same (including the registry settings) and some will shutdown the database properly others don't. I have bugged Oracle for an answer but they always say that the best thing to do is for you to shut down the database yourself (manually or via a script) and not rely on the stopping of the service. I have the same problems with installs.....on some boxes the installs work fine and on others it crashes...and again Oracle just says that it is a known problem on NT and tells you how to work around it on the boxes that it fails on. Go figure????

Debbie

Author: O'Neill, Sean
  INET: Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie

Author: IT - Database (Do Not Use)
  INET: dbamail_at_police.edmonton.ab.ca
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 13 2001 - 10:18:05 CDT