OT: Perl module question

From: Nguyen, Long (ITS, Limestone Ave) <Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:14:38 -0700

Hi,

I am installing a request tracking software (WREQ) which requires Perl 5 with GDBM support. I could not find GDBM_File.pm under /usr/local on my Solaris 2.6 machine. The command

        perl -e 'use GDBM_File;'
gave the message:

   Can't locate GDBM_File in @INC (@INC contains ....)

Questions:
1) Do you know if a standard perl installation should contain GDBM_File module?

   If yes then I will try to re-install the Perl software.

2) I also downloaded Gnu gdbm and installed it on the machine. It seems to install a number of .so and .a files in /usr/local/lib (but I could not find GDBM_File.pm anywhere). Do I need to link the software into Perl somehow so GDBM_File.pm module is created in the Perl library?

Thanks
Long

Author: Nguyen, Long (ITS, Limestone Ave)   INET: Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 13 2001 - 01:14:38 CDT