Email from PL/SQL

From: N J Neog <njneog_at_oil.asm.nic.in>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:55:08 -0700

Hi all,

    Using  UTL_TCP

(and thru other package like utl_smtp)  I can send Email.

But the problem I find is - I can send mail in the name of someone else mail ID.

I would like to know from you - Why  PL/SQL allow me to send mail impersonating
someone else Email ID.

Where is the pitfall ? In PL/SQL or In Mail Server ?

TIA

Naba Received on Tue Jun 12 2001 - 21:55:08 CDT