RE: Help on Upgrade - I'm an idiot

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:33:32 -0700

There is always the ultimate last resort Jay. If you can not stop the DB any other way you can always kill all of its processes.

This is not recommended as a way or normally stopping a DB, but I have used it in the past when I was out of choices.

After killing the processes, I brought the DB up a step at a time .... nomout, shutdown .... mount , shutdown ... open ... shutdown . Then finally opened it up. I wanted to see how it faired on each step before I commited anything.

You might give it a whirl if its your only alternative.

Kevin

Author: Miller, Jay
  INET: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com

Author: Toepke, Kevin M
  INET: ktoepke_at_cms.cendant.com

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jun 12 2001 - 14:33:32 CDT