RE: Shared server model

From: Kevin Kostyszyn <kevin_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:16:28 -0700

Couldn't it also depend on whether or not it is a development box or a 24/7 box? Personally, we do developement here and I have multiple db's on single NT servers. However, I have seen waaaaay too many crashes to imagine attempting this with a 24/7 environement.

        Just curious, what is the largest DB that anyone has ever seen running on an NT server? What was the configuration of the server? We just have little ones, Dual 550's with a gig of ram. Kev

Author: Rao, Maheswara INET: Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Kevin Kostyszyn