AW: set feedback off in procedure

From: Haunschmidt Andreas VASL/FAS <Andreas.Haunschmidt_at_voest.co.at>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 07:33:11 -0700

        Hi Harvinder!

Sorry - no, you can't use these commands inside PL/SQL. "set feedback on|off " and alike are not SQL statements, but extensions outside SQL ( indicated by SQL*PLUS )
only available in the SQL*PLUS executables , but not in the PL/SQL or SQL engines of your
Oracle clients or servers ( You can execute these commands without being connected to an Oracle instance).

Does your application invoke SQL*PLUS?

If yes, your application could invoke SQL*PLUS to build dynamically a script and
then execute the script which contains the call to your procedure and embeds the "set feedback ..." commands.

I need more information about what your program should do to, to get a chance to help you a little bit more.

Andreas

Author: Haunschmidt Andreas VASL/FAS
  INET: Andreas.Haunschmidt_at_voest.co.at