RE: regarding isqlPlus

From: Robin Ilardi <ilardir_at_mantech-wva.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 06:02:31 -0700

We
have installed iSQLPlus on our development box, and it seems to work fairly well.  The nice thing about it is you don't have to install the client on the user's PC, it just uses a browser.  It does have a bug or two - for example, if the user does not click on the "Logoff" button and just closes the browser window, a session is left open in the database.  I'd be hesitant about using it in a production environment until they at least get that fixed.
<SPAN

class=673270312-11062001>
You do
have to have an 8.1.7 database installed with the Apache web server, although you might be able to get away with a lower version of the database as long as you're using Apache.  We are using an 8.1.7 database and the Apache web server installed with 9iAS, all under NT (not my choice - I'm going to move the web server to Linux as soon as I can get a box configured).
<SPAN

class=673270312-11062001>
<SPAN

class=673270312-11062001>hth,
<SPAN

class=673270312-11062001>Robin
<SPAN

class=673270312-11062001>
Robin
Ilardi
<SPAN

class=673270312-11062001>Sherian Corporation

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Saurabh SharmaSent:   Monday, June 11, 2001 2:35 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: regarding isqlPlus
  hi all,

  has anybody using iSqlPlus tool,
  provided by oracle.
  what i know is , it's the
  internat enabled extension of sql * plus, utilising the 3-tier   architecture.

  they say oracle 8.1.7 is required
  for the implementation.

  any suggestions.

  <FONT color=#0000ff face=Courier
size=2>saurabh Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 08:02:31 CDT