Dedicated connections on MTS server

From: Aravind Tigadi <ora_aron_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 09:22:22 -0700

Hi,

We have setup a MTS server on our oracle 8.0.5 database. The total number of
>users is around 800 - 900.

Eventough MTS configuration is working fine, we find around 200+ users getting connected to the database as DEDICATED users. According to me If the server is setup as MTS there should not be any dedicated connections going on to database.

My question is

Why my connetions to database are going as DEDICATED...? How do I make sure that all my connections to server are SHARED and not DEDICATED. I have checked my SQLNET.ORA, We do not have use_dedicated_server=on setup on any of the client machines.

Please let me know if you have any answer for this.

TIA, Dan

Author: Aravind Tigadi
  INET: ora_aron_at_hotmail.com