RE: What next ?

From: Kimberly Smith <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:01:09 -0700

I disagree. They claim that for every hours a database is done is $1 million bucks. If that is true then they need to though the money into the system. I need a server that is highly available with failover capability. I do have that for 2 databases. They pay me the big bucks do what is possible with the crap they give me. No amount of money for salary is going to make me give my life away supporting databases or producing miracles. Its bad enough that I am tied to a pager 24x7, 365 days a year..... Trying hard to loss it on the mountains though. Came close a couple of times.

Author: Mohan, Ross
  INET: MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com

Author: Streeter, Lerone  A     LBX
  INET: StreeLA2_at_HPD.Abbott.com