Re: help for rollback segments..

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 07:15:01 -0700

the rollback segments are offline because they are 1) not mentioned in the init.ora file (which would cause them to be automatically brought online when you start the database) 2) because you did not bring them online when they were created 3) ones you specifically took offline

I would change the tablespace they exist in (except for the ones named SYSTEM, SYSROL, RB0 and RB1) from SYSTEM to RBS. Unfortunately, the only way I know of to do that is to take them offline and drop them, then recreate them and bring them online.

Why are they in SYSTEM? Because when they were created no tablespace was specified and they were created in the SYSTEM tablespace.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com