Re: GV$ views

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:52:17 -0700

murosa_at_bankinter.es wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> We have installed four OPS on a Solaris 2.6 cluster. In one of that
> instances we have problems with GV$ views because it returns same results
> than V$ views. Anybody knows what nappens?. We have Oracle 8.1.6.3 over
> Solaris 2.6 and all instances are working well.
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Miguel.

Miguel,

   How can you manage it ? GV$ view are the same as V$ views, plus one column giving the instance id (apart from one or two exceptions where they are strictly synonyms). V$ are in fact built on GV$ using a condition on the instance id based on userenv('INSTANCEID'). If your instances do not recognize that they are different instances it's very serious because your are heading, fast, for data corruption. Check that all our instances actually share ALL the files which they are supposed to share.

--
Regards,

  Stephane Faroult
  Oriole Corporation