LMT, Partitions, and Read-Only

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 13:14:37 -0700

List,
I have implemented Local Managed Tablespaces and Partitioned my data and indexes by date ranges. The data contains dates from 06-1993 to present and is about 20 GIG in size.
The question I have is: Can some of the partitions of a table be made "READ ONLY" and some made "READ WRITE"? Each partition is contained in it's own datafile. I would like to back up the database and not have to backup the older data if I can.  I have read the confusing manuals and the cryptic options available list for the create tablespace, table commands and can't grasp the LMT,Partitions, Read Only command context.
Any Ideas appreciated.
ROR mª¿ªm

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 15:14:37 CDT