RE: HELP: Hanging Autotrace

From: <Riyaj_Shamsudeen_at_i2.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 13:11:19 -0700

Lisa
        Simple test: Can you do explain plan on some small query ? If it takes long time, then you know that your data dictionary uses CBO and access to DD is being slow. Try analyzing the data dictionary using 'dbms_utility.analyze_schema('SYS','COMPUTE') and in my case it fixed the problem...

Thanks
Riyaj "Re-yas" Shamsudeen
Certified Oracle DBA
i2 technologies   www.i2.com

"Koivu, Lisa" <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
06/07/01 02:16 PM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:        Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: HELP: Hanging Autotrace

Hi Jared, yes, good point.
And the answer is the latter, they don't care.  I'm the only one trying to help the users and I'm getting the same treatment as them (I don't expect queen treatment.  Just for them to recognize that the USERS NEED ATTENTION and I can help).  Oh well, this place is so close to home I can entertain myself with other things until I get to create a database in the next few months.  I have never spent so much time reading doco :) Thanks for you reply.
Lisa