RE: Serious Question (believe it or not)...

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 12:42:16 -0700

Kirti,

Thanks :) One of the things I didn't mention was that the turnaround time would get tight. Author sends the chapter to me, and I have a day or maybe 2 to get it back to the author so that changes can be reviewed and incorporated and sent on to the editor.

Lots of weird timestamps on some of the messages.

And I got into this because Kevin Loney, Eyal Aronoff and Noorali Sonawalla (I knew all of them) asked me to do the technical edit on their Tuning book. Kevin later asked me to help with the Annotated Archives book. Then Marlene and I went to Oracle Press with the idea for the 101 series and fought to make them let us write a book that was different than anything else they had published.

And let's not even discuss the "world's longest chain of emails" trying to name the book -- starting with and ending up at (eventually) Oracle DBA 101. We went all around the world just to come home :)

Rachel

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com