RE: Re[2]: Serious Question (believe it or not)...

From: Hillman, Alex <Alex.Hillman_at_usmint.treas.gov>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 12:08:46 -0700

Somehow this question and answers reminds me when I asked several years ago one guy how much his house is worth. He became red and answered something like roughly don't remember. I told him that his purchase is a public record and any real estate agent ( and I have licence but don't use it) can get this info in a matter of minutes. The same story here - somehow everybody telling you how minisqule amount they got from writing a book, however nobody will tell you what are usual deal parameters, what percentages you get from sales, how it depends on the sales volume etc. You should go directly to the publisher and find this out. When I would like to ask somebody what his or her ( no sexism :-)) rate is I ask usually what is the range this position is paying and usually people do not have problem to answer such question. Again, it is much better in my opinion to do self publishing.

Alex Hillman

Author: Jonathan Gennick
  INET: jonathan_at_gennick.com

Author: Haskins, Ed
  INET: Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com

Author: Hillman, Alex
  INET: Alex.Hillman_at_usmint.treas.gov
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 14:08:46 CDT