Re: Re[2]: Serious Question (believe it or not)...

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:20:34 -0700

Jonathan,

You had nice editors... letting you slip 6 months on the deadline.

When I talked about giving up your life, I was talking about a much shorter writing schedule. We took from March (when we signed the contract) until the middle of September (when we sent in the "first draft" of the last chapter due). We still had page proofs and editing to review past that, and the book was officially published in November.

I know of one book that was cancelled due to slipped deadlines, but they had slipped further than yours did. Yes, editors will try to work with you on it.

Rachel

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com