RE: PATROL Availability Suite for Oracle

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:14:02 -0700

Hi all,
 We have been running PATROL Agent on AIX (HP-UX, DEC/Compaq Alphas) for over 2 years now to monitor Oracle databases. We have not found the Agent Program taking up any considerable portion of any resources. The CPU % is around 2-3 most of the times. We do not montior the OS using this Agent, however. One other tool does that, and if PATROL Agent was to use more resources, that tool would alert us whenever that happened.

I do not work for BMC, but have worked with this product for quite some time and have been pleased with what we have got. We have customized it to monitor only the parameters we wanted and to send e-mail/pages at appropriate times.

If anyone needs detail information, please e-mail me off-line, and I will be glad to share what I know and have learned.

HTH, Regards,

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com