Re: OEM 2.1 cannot contact agent on a node

From: <Chaim.Katz_at_Completions.Bombardier.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:38:35 -0700

If

"novicedba" <novicedba_at_hotmail.com> on 06/06/2001 09:30:36 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Chaim Katz/Completions/Bombardier)

Hi,
The readme file that comes with OEM has a compatibility matrix - OEM 2.1 has no problem with Intelligent Agent releases 7.3.4, 8.0.6 or 8.1.5 or 8.1.6, but IA 8.0.5 is not supported. And when you install a newer version of the IA on NT - install it into a different OracleHome.

Chaim

I think you need to install the 8.1.6 agent on the NT box in question (assuming that your OMS is on 8.1.6)
Going by that logic I would love to know how 7.3.4 on the SUN node worked (I have no experience with SUN)
We had a similar situation where OMS was on 8.1.7 but the other databases which were 8.1.5 had problems and it was rectified by installing the 8.1.7 agent on the systems.
It worked!
Someone please correct me if I am wrong

coz
I am a
novice
Author: novicedba
  INET: novicedba_at_hotmail.com

  INET: Chaim.Katz_at_Completions.Bombardier.com