Further adventures with Oracle Management Server

From: Paul Vincent <Paul.Vincent_at_uce.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 01:46:58 -0700

Hi
folks,
<SPAN

class=046160508-06062001>
<SPAN

class=046160508-06062001>firstly, many thanks for the advice about the "resources.ora not found" message. I've followed the advice to simply create the folder given in the message, and to move a copy of the resources.ora file, which exists elsewhere, to the folder. I did this, and OMS starts cleanly now. So thanks once again!
<SPAN

class=046160508-06062001>
And
for my next problem... OK, so I've set the Management Server service to start automatically (this is running on an NT server, just to recap). Likewise, the repository database starts automatically when the system is rebooted. Unfortunately, the system appears to try and start the Management Server service before the database Start service has completed, so the Management Server fails to start. Does anyone have any idea how to tell the Management Server service not to start until the database service has started up? Or has anyone encountered this and figured out a cunning workround?
<SPAN

class=046160508-06062001>
Thanks
again for the help!
<SPAN

class=046160508-06062001>
<SPAN

class=046160508-06062001>Paul
<FONT

VincentDatabase Administrator, University of Central