Re: OT-Passing variables to a awk/sed script

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 18:25:51 -0700

  1. sample data, and an example of what you are trying to do would really help. At least, there isn't enough here for me to be of any use. I don't really understand the statement "This paramter must of course, be able to take on any value during the run of the program."

There's some other folks here that may understand just what you want right off.

2. forget sed. Use perl. *Much* better for anything of any complexity.

Clear up #1, and I'll help with #2.
( sounds like a bad potty joke doesn't it? )

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com