Re: dbms_java and file permissions

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 18:12:36 -0700

Brian,

I've still gotta lot to learn about Java, but I'll take a stab at this.

First off, what query did you use to produce the output below?

Do external processes run via Java run as Oracle? I'm guessing that they do, but I could be wrong, and don't have time to test this right now.

If so, this will likely put a limit on your abilities to restrict access to directories owned by Oracle.

Hope some of this helps.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com