Re: Size, what is it?

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mno_at_MiracleAS.dk>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 01:07:16 -0700

My dear friend Cary Millsap once came up with a definition for a VLDB: It's any database that stretches its hardware.

I cannot see any relationship between SGA and database sizes. None.

RAID-3: Bit-level striping. Incredible it still exists (in my opinion) :).

Venlig hilsen

Mogens Nørgaard

Technical Director
Miracle A/S, Denmark