PRO*C problems (sqlcode 2)

From: Suhen Pather <Suhen.Pather_at_strandbags.com.au>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 17:52:18 -0700

List,

We seem to have a problem with one of our PRO*C programs that we execute. We are using Oracle 8.1.6.3.4 on Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a.

We use MKS Toolkit to run our korn shell scripts.

Last night we got an sqlcode 2 in our error logs for the pro*c program.

I am not a C programmer, as the DBA I am trying to establish were this error came from.
This caused our nightly job to abort unsuccessfully.

What I know is that when a the programs exit with an sqlcode 0, it means that the job completed successfully.
But sqlcode 2, not really sure.

This pro*c program used to run successully previously, but last night we ended up with problems.

Nothing changed from a db version, or in the korn shell, or in the parameter file..

No errors were logged in the alert log, or trace files. It makes it difficult huh.

Since we are using MKS Toolkit. Will the pro*c be run from MKS or from Oracle.

I have looked the docs, and logged a TAR with Oracle but still waiting for a response.

I also see that with PRO*C there are lots of bugs and fixes in previous releases. So I would
have hoped it would be stable in 8.1.6.3.

If you have an insight. Let me know

Thanks and Regards
Suhen

Author: Suhen Pather
  INET: Suhen.Pather_at_strandbags.com.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Jun 03 2001 - 19:52:18 CDT