Re: function index for like '%string%'

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 16:16:55 -0700

Suzy,

You haven't detailed how you are search for a part of the email address.

Is it random? Or is it on a definable piece of the address such as the domain name?

If so, then why not use a trigger to break the email address down into it's separate components store them in separate columns?

If not, then you probably need to consider Intermedia, which has already been suggested.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com