RE: Bumoer Stickers [RE: Rebuilding indexes]

From: Post, Ethan <epost_at_kcc.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 15:19:24 -0700

Here is the log from a guy last week on LazyDBA, I sent him about 3 emails asking if he had even bothered to open the manual and never got a response, check out his final post...

May 16...

How would I upgrade an Oracle 7.3.4 database to an Oracle 8.1.6 database. I'm new to oracle and I don't now where to start.

May 17...

Guys,

Do you have any experience with working with Oracle in RAID 5 mode. Is this a good thing or a bad thing. Does having a enterprise storage solution make any difference? Is there any informational papers on this topic that you may know of.

May 18...

How would I install Oracle 8i in the Unix environment?

May 21...

How do I find out the number of extents on a Index and a Table in oracle?

May 22...

I've exported a dpf(ora.dmf) now i need to import it what is the syntax?

What is the syntax for adding more size to a tablespace?

May 23...finally the classic headline "Help-Urgent-Can't open database"

I'm trying to do the following.(the database isn't opening)

SVRMGR> startup
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area       4508444 bytes
Fixed Size                       39816 bytes
Variable Size                  4050836 bytes
Database Buffers                409600 bytes
Redo Buffers                      8192 bytes
Database mounted.
ORA-01157: cannot identify data file 8 - file not found
ORA-01110: data file 8:
'/oradb/oradata/pus7s/db05/oraindex01.dbf'

The problem i'm having is that this datafile and Directory doesn't exist, what can I to open this database?

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law. If you have received this message in error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy. Thank you.

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: epost_at_kcc.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jun 01 2001 - 17:19:24 CDT