RE: Restore from hot backup question

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:52:33 -0700

Hi Mike,
Yes, you can restore from the hot backup. And yes there is more to do. You will need to do an incomplete (or point in time) recovery till the point prior to the start of the data load process. You can do so by using backup controlfile and canceling the recovery after applying the last archived log before the data load process started. After that, you will need to open the database with resetlogs option. You should take another (preferably cold) backup before allowing anyone to use the database. This will render all previous backups useless (due resetting logs). So, taking a backup at this point is very critical.
Good Luck..

HTH.. Regards,

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com