RE: Resizing Log file

From: C.S.Venkata Subramanian <csvenkata_at_lycos.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:11:27 -0700

You can recreate the control file with resetlog options.

Use "Alter database backup controlfile to trace;"

Open the trace file generated then change the size of the logfile, and also noresetlogs to resetlogs.

then startup with nomount and create the controlfile and open the db.

Caution: this will reset ur logs, so u have to backup the after u open the db backupup the db.

HTH,

--

Get 250 color business cards for FREE! http://businesscards.lycos.com/vp/fastpath/ -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: C.S.Venkata Subramanian INET: csvenkata_at_lycos.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).