RE: ORACLE NAMES /LDAP

From: Haskins, Ed <Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:22:49 -0700

Interesting...Oracle must have changed their minds on this issue. I know we complained that it seemed crazy for us to pay for OiD when ONAMES is free...considering Oracle is de-supporting ONAMES and practically forcing customers to go with OiD (LDAP). I guess they actually used some of the feedback we and others provided to straighten out the inconsistency!!

Ed Haskins
Oracle DBA
Verizon Wireless

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: Haskins, Ed
  INET: Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com

Author: Vadim Gorbounov
  INET: vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com

Author: Haskins, Ed
  INET: Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 16:22:49 CDT