RE: Rebuilding indexes

From: Vadim Gorbounov <vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:11:08 -0700

        Hello, Richard,

        If you want to use NOLOGGING operation on primary database, this is still possible to keep STANDBY in sync. Regularly check output of

select FILE#, UNRECOVERABLE_CHANGE# from v$datafile;

on primary and standby database, and , in case UNRECOVERABLE_CHANGE# on primary becomes bigger, simply take hot backup of this particular datafile, shutdown standby instance, replace the file with the backup, mount standby database and continue recovery. I setup cron to do this. Works fine.

   HTH
   Vadim Gorbounov
   Oracle DBA

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

Author: Richard Huntley
  INET: rhuntley_at_mindleaders.com

Author: Vadim Gorbounov
  INET: vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com