RE: Partition Elimination

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:11:30 -0700

Oracle could be doing partition elimination but the tools that you are using to see the execution plan is not showing you the details you're looking for.

I usually do:

Truncate table plan_table;
explain plan for <your-sql>;
select * from plan_table;

There should be two columns that indicate the partition-start_number and the partition_stop_number for this full table scan.

If it's not working let's know.

Regards,

Waleed

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 13:11:30 CDT