RE: Missing DDL?

From: O'Neill, Sean <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 02:15:15 -0700

Anita,

Followed your suggestion BUT... does not seem to be working. The export log is showing that it exports tablespace definitions but using INDEXFILE parameter with Import utility does not seem to show the DDL for creating the tablespaces. Perhaps this is the way it is meant to be, I'd just like to verify one way or the other. Anyone out there know??? Is there some other way to view the DDL for tablespace creation?.

Expanding on where I'm coming form here is that if for example one had an export dump of a DB and needed to move it to another machine which had a different disk configuration, how does one direct the data files to different disks. I suspect its using a dump of control file and modifying same. What if you don't have the control file dump what do you do then?

Author: O'Neill, Sean
  INET: Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie