SQL*LOADER problem

From: Satish Iyer <Satish.Iyer_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:10:06 -0700

Hi everyone.
Having this typical problem with sql*loader. I am extracting data out from  a table and this table has a field in which users have put in a new line feed character.  Now when I extract the data out using SQL*PLUS it obviously has a problem
eg.

1   First line of stt
2333232
     Second line

2    Full
line
2323232
3   Again a partial  2323232
     line.

Now if such a table was extracted to a txt file,  the sqlldr runs into a problem of getting the second half of the line as expected. Any ideas how this could be avoided ?
Hope I explained that okay.

Satish IyerDBACCSS Team
684-3016 Received on Wed May 30 2001 - 18:10:06 CDT