Re: OT: Archiving not possible with SQL Server?

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:24:58 -0700

I'd get frantic phone calls from the programmers...

in the version of Sybase we were using (4.something), truncate actually archived off the log info. But it needed to write to the log. If the log was full, I had to trash it and then pray that nothing went wrong before I could get a full backup done.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com