alter session set events 'immediate trace name redohdr level 10'

From: Hagedorn, Linda <lindah_at_epocrates.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:04:32 -0700

Hello,

I'm looking for documentation to name and label the output from the dump of redo headers and logs.  For example, siz: 0x5000 seq: 0x00001087 hws: 0x2 bsz: 512 nab: 0x5001 flg: 0x0 dup: 2

The size parameter is what, the header size in hex?  x5000 = decimal 20480?

In the DB2 world, this kind of information is readily available and provided to licensed customers in the DB2 Diagnosis Manual.  I would think the Oracle diagnosis info should be as available as IBM's.  Yes?  A search in MetaLink for this list returned zero hits: siz seq hws bsz nab flg dup

Any information or referral to documentation is appreciated.  Thanks, Linda.  Oracle DBA, former IBM DB2 L2.   Received on Wed May 30 2001 - 15:04:32 CDT