Re: Performance tuning

From: <azhar_at_mathtech-pk.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:40:01 -0700

Actually we have to

Since Data is being loaded in development environment. that is why we have 128 meg ram. (Regarding RAM i have no other choice) i have the NT performance monitor and it shows that it is not using swap heavily. Currently disk configuration is not RAID . however we have no disk limit problem. i have autoexetended datafiles. Regards
Azhar

                    Peter McLarty

                    <peter.mclarty@        To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    incts.com>             cc:

                    Sent by:               Subject:     Re: Performance tuning

                    root_at_fatcity.co

                    05/30/2001

                    04:21 PM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

Okay fill us in why would you try and inane thing like that on only 128MB RAM. NT would be barely running on that without getting your instance up. I

am not that good yet at calculating what amount of RAM you need for a given

SGA but I am thinking that you are running in swap

What is the disk configuration.

Are you running RAID and if so what configuration. (Not RAID 5 I hope)

Can you get this system up to 512MB at least.

With this and a whole lot more you will get some better answers

Peter
Trainee Oracle DBA

Author: Peter McLarty
  INET: peter.mclarty_at_incts.com