RE: Performance tuning

From: Christopher Spence <cspence_at_FuelSpot.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 07:55:32 -0700

I would not recommend using optimal as it will cause the segment to have to shrink. Your better of doing it manually on lulls of activity and size the segments bigger if need be. Segments should not be frequently shrinking.

"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen."

Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Fuelspot

Author: Christopher Spence
  INET: cspence_at_FuelSpot.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 30 2001 - 09:55:32 CDT