Re: auditing entire schema

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:12:50 -0700

Implemented something of the kind many years ago. You need not audit everything. In fact just AUDIT SELECT BY SESSION (uncertain about precise syntax), it will be enough. Implement some daily purging of the audit log, and you can keep track of how many people access what everyday. Quite useful to detect who has been fired or is on maternity leave, by the way - personnel department sometimes fail to communicate this type of information, and as the site was security-sensitive we were disabling accounts with no activity after a suitable grace period.

HTH Stephane Faroult
Oriole Corporation
Voice: +44 (0) 7050-696-269
Fax: +44 (0) 7050-696-449