OT: Tool needed for database access

From: Yttri, Lisa <lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:00:10 -0700

Hi -

We are a sybase and oracle shop.  We are considering building a tool (probably web-based) to allow the Security group to set up new users and to allow the developers to add stored procedures as the schema owner, etc.  We don't want them to have the specific access themselves, but we would like the tool to log in with an appropriate ID - based on information we have stored in some database tables - and perform their request.

Does anyone know of such a tool that is available, or are we stuck writing our own?

Just out of curiousity - I'd like to know how others implement developer's code (such as stored procedures) in a non-development environment?  Is it a task that the DBA staff does?  We currently do, and we are looking for a way to eliminate that workload without giving too much access for them to affect other database objects.

Any information would be really appreciated.

Thanks -
Lisa Received on Tue May 29 2001 - 14:00:10 CDT