Re: 16 bit sqlplus cannot connect to PO8i

From: Luis DeUrioste <luis_deurioste_at_rac.ray.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 07:02:35 -0700

Rahul,
It seems to me that you are having a problem reading the proper TNSNAMES.ORA for the different DBs. What I would do in your situation is to search for all TNSNAMES.ORA files in your PC, since you have products installed in more than one home and more than one version you should have multiple. Edit them and see which ones contain the entries that you need, in one or more of them some entries will be missing, what you can do is copy/paste the missing entries, once you have the file you want then copy it to all the different "Homes" and you should be able to connect to the different DB's.

Hope it helps.

Luis Octavio