V$SESSION.OSUSER returns <NT-Domain>\<NT-User> ?

From: Blum, Marc <Blum_at_soptim.de>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 22:49:25 -0700

Hi,

like many others we use V$SESSION.OSUSER to determine the NT-User, who is connected to the instance. At a customers site we faced the problem, that OSUSER is of the format <NT-Domain>\<NT-User>. A behaviour we never faced in our developement environement or at various customer sites.

Can anyone explain, what happened? How can we avoid this?

Many thanks

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i.A. Marc Blum

SOPTIM GmbH
Grüner Weg 22-24
D-52070 Aachen

Telefon: +49 241 / 9 18 79-33
Fax: +49 241 / 15 40 38

mailto:marc.blum_at_soptim.de
http://www.soptim.de

Author: Blum, Marc
  INET: Blum_at_soptim.de

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 28 2001 - 00:49:25 CDT